Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Roll up your sleeve


Rats. It's almost that time of year: flu season. Hate to nag like a mom, but this is your reminder to go get your vaccine. I'll confess, I've never had the shot before, ever. But at my four-month-old's well visit yesterday, the doctor convinced me that this year it was necessary. So the baby and I both exited with those pesky poke wounds (his from Hep B, but anyway...).


You may be wondering who really needs the flu shot. That would be the kiddos older than six months, adults living with or working with those younger than six months, and expectant moms.


There are also a few people who shouldn't get it. For more info, visit the CDC's site: http://www.cdc.gov/FLU/protect/keyfacts.htm. Some locations will offer them for free, or you can make an appointment with your doctor. Or... be prepared to be suckered by the pediatrician.

No comments: